The more cities I visit, the more I realize that not every man deals with the same grooming concerns. And of course I shouldn’t be surprised! But I am, because it makes me realize how important it is to have a wide range of men’s grooming advice!
This weekend showed me that men of all age groups and ethnic backgrounds have concerns about aging skin. And you know what? That impressed me! Simply because there’s a thin line between naturally aging skin and prematurely aging skin. And, knowing how to prevent the bad causes can not only save your looks, it can save your life!
Yes wrinkles are inevitable… But here are a few tips to keep them at bay, and you out of the doctor’s office!
- Avoid the sun. It’s the No. 1 cause of wrinkles, with dozens of studies documenting the impact.
- Eat more fruits and vegetables. The key is their antioxidant compounds. These compounds fight damage caused by free radicals (unstable molecules that can damage cells), which in turn helps skin look younger and more radiant, and protects against some effects of photo-aging.
- Eat more fish — particularly salmon. Not only is salmon (along with other cold-water fish) a great source of protein — one of the building blocks of great skin — it’s also an awesome source of an essential fatty acid known as omega-3. Essential fatty acids help nourish skin and keep it plump and youthful, helping to reduce wrinkles.
- Get adequate sleep. Yale dermatologist Nicholas Perricone, MD, says that when you don’t get enough sleep, the body produces excess cortisol, a hormone that breaks down skin cells. Get enough rest, Perricone says, and you’ll produce more HGH (human growth hormone), which helps skin remain thick, more “elastic,” and less likely to wrinkle.
- Use moisturizer. Skin that is moist simply looks better, so lines and creases are far less noticeable.
- Wear sunscreen. If you must go out in the sun, the American Academy of Dermatology says, wear sunscreen! It will protect you from skin cancer, and help prevent wrinkles at the same time.
For more tips click here!