Summer is right around the corner! So, is your deodorant equipped to handle the temperature change? Some men switch their deodorants to stronger brands around this time. And, some go as far as to shave their underarms, to make sure they are maximizing their deodorant’s strength!
But in all honesty, you don’t really have to go that far!
Because truthfully, perspiration by itself is odorless. Bacteria is what actually makes the smell, releasing a chemical called *TMHA… (trust me the abbreviation is easier!)
So here are a few ways to make TMHA a non-issue during these warmer months…
1. Hit the showers – Showers and baths kill bacteria, not to mention a good anti-bacterial soap… get one!
2. Choose yourweapon… Wisely!
- Deodorants – it’s main job is to make the skin under your arms inhospitable to bacteria by fighting the bacteria that feed on your sweat.
- Antiperspirants – it’s main objective is to keep the underarm dry, while providing a light fragrance.
3. Double-up – If you use an antiperspirant, apply it at night before bed. This allows it to absorb deep into the skin’s layers, therefore doubling it’s effectiveness during the day.
So there you have it! I hope this helps to make your summer much more comfortable!