For some men, an irritation free wet-shave is virtually impossible. However, as I have mentioned in my electric shaving posts, foil shavers, as opposed to rotary shavers, are the most ideal for a close irritation-free shave.
So here is my choice for 2009’s foil shaver….
For over 50 years this company has designed electric shavers. Starting with the S50 in 1951 to the new 2009 – Braun Series 7. What doesn’t this shaver do? Well, it can’t tie your shoelaces…yet!
- The head – Pivots and flexes for maximum closeness
- The Power Comb – as you shave it lifts missed hair that lies close to the skin
- The blades – with the speed of 10,000 micro-vibrations per minute, these blades cut close, in one pass, without lifting or tugging.
- Washable – when you are done, wash under water…it’s safe trust me!
- Clean & Renew System – when charging, it also cleans, lubricates and dries your blades. How’s that for service?
Priced just over $200, it’s an investment toward a better and more comfortable shave. But, if you’re not looking to spend that much, consider the other Braun shavers – Series 5,3, or 1.