Ok either way between my wife and I, I’m usually the one having to search my phone for the nearest drugstore as soon as we land. And because of my frequency of forgetfulness, I’ve pretty much discovered what grooming products work the best. Shaving creams, face washes, after shave balms… yup, I’ve tried them all!
So here are my choices based on experience! Oh, and also keep in mind that most US cities have Rite-Aid, Walgreens or CVS so this list should be bulletproof!
- Shave Cream – Cremo Shave (Not to big on lather. But it’s pretty slick for a great razor glide.)
- Aftershave – Dove Men+Care Post Shave Balm (Light-weight, very subtle fragrance and alcohol free! – Review here.)
- Shave Oil – American Crew Ultra Gliding Shave Oil (Eucalyptus and Clove oils; make up this very well balance shave oil.)
- Face Wash – Burt’s Bees Deep Cleansing Cream (Chamomile, Aloe and a hint of menthol to cool the skin. Not bad!)
- Moisturizer – CeraVe Facial Moisturizing Lotion AM (Has hyaluronic acid to draw in moisture (and then some), plus SPF 30. Win-Win!)