As you may have noticed, I travel quite a bit. With that being said, I try the best I can to never, EVER check my bags. Just the thought of getting to my destination and having to buy new clothes for an event the day of scares me a little too much for my liking!
To off-set this scenario, I make sure to pack only what I need, and stick with as many items that are multi-use in order to save space. So I thought… “why not share my list of must-have’s when traveling?” After-all, if this can help me maximize space, why can’t it do the same for you!
Here are my “never-leave-home-without-it” tools!
- Nail File – Leave the nail clippers at home. A nail file quickly removes length and smooths down the edges all at once. Just as long as there is an established manicure routine, this step is a cinch!
- Trimmers – Sideburns, mustache, hairlines and even nose hair maintenance. Trimmers can take care of all of this and then some!
- Razor – If looking clean shaven is a must, then so is your razor. However, if a razor gets a little “too close for comfort” then stick with its counterpart – Trimmers
- Styptic Pencil or Powder – Sure, wherever you go will more than likely have a TON of toilet paper handy, but why not use something that works quicker and is less unsightly?
- Tweezers – Sometimes your eyebrow hairs can have a mind of their own. Here’s where this comes into play!
- Comb/Hairbrush – Can’t step out without you hair looking right. Most haircuts only need one or the other so choose your weapon wisely to save even more room!
So there it is, 6 items that will fit well in your carry-on or in your bathroom at home. Either way it’s a WIN-WIN!